Pergola Designs You’ll Love
With the hot Texas weather, it can be hard to enjoy a backyard outdoor space year-round – pergolas are often a simple solution to this. By building a pergola on top of a patio area, it can provide subtle shade without making a space feel closed off.
Often times when homeowners think about building a pergola the first image that comes to mind is that of a traditional pergola – four wooden posts holding up a rectangular open roof with beams going across- however, pergolas can be built in a number of different ways that can suit the aesthetic of a home better than the traditional design.
Factors such as:
- The stain used on the wood of the pergola.
- Whether to place a durable Plastic sheet on top of the pergola to protect from natural elements.
- Having a truss design integrated into the pergola
- Adding curtains for privacy, and an elevated feel, or even a wood paneling on certain sides of the pergola.
- Adding a fan to the pergola to help create a cooled space or adding stone to the base of the pergola.
These are features that can be added to create a pergola that fits the design aesthetic of a home and to create an elevated design, without having to pay an arm and a leg.
You could by a pre-made pergola from a retail store, but that won’t allow you to have versatility and you’ll receive a cookie-cutter design of a Pergola. You could also contract anyone off the internet to build a pergola in your backyard, but you run risk of improper installment.
Austin Yard Builder has been building Pergola’s in the Austin Area for years and have gain the experience and knowledge need to build a Pergola that will withstand natural elements, and not crumble down at the first sign of a thunderstorm. Austin Yard Builder has built a company, around trust – trust to build a backyard oasis (including Pergola’s) that will last and trust to come into their homes.